Be a Host Family for an International High School Student Exchange
- Organization: AFS Intercultural Exchange www.afsusa.org
- Causes: Civic, Educational
- Date(s): Students arrive in August 2012 and stay through the semester or school year until January or June 2013.
- Contact person: Ruth Blackstock
- Phone: 404.406.2917
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.afsusa.org/host-family/
AFS is a non-profit, volunteer-based international student exchange organization that operates in more than 90 different countries! My name is Ruth Blackstock, and I am one of 75 local volunteers for AFS in the Metro Atlanta area.
This year we have over 2,300 boys and girls ages 15-18 coming from all over the world. All of them are eager to come to the United States to improve their language skills and have a better understanding of American culture. However, in order to make this happen we would need to find each of them a host family!
Specifically we are looking for a host family in the N. Cobb HS school district as well as in the Pope HS school district
If you or any of your group members are interested in hosting or volunteering, I would be more than happy to send you more information as well as some biographies of the students' that will be coming to Georgia this year!
My contact information is 404.406.2917, or by email at email@example.com. You can also contact Cara Mitchell, our staff hosting coordinator at 1-800-876-2377 ext. 127 or by email at Cmitchell@afs.org.
THANK YOU for reading!