Celebrate Women's Health with Inaugural Paint the Mall Pink Events
Women of all ages are invited to Paint the Mall Pink at Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb, October 4-7. A full weekend of activities focusing on the importance of women’s health will feature health-focused activities, keynote addresses from local medical professionals,
musical performances, giveaways and more!
The festivities kick off with Girl’s Night Out on Thursday evening at 6 p.m. at Mall of Georgia and 5:30 p.m. at Town Center at Cobb. The first 300 attendees to arrive at each mall will receive event swag bags filled with samples from stores and themed goodies. Girl’s Night Out is sponsored by Gwinnett Medical Center, Gwinnett Magazine, FundRacers at Mall of Georgia and by WellStar, Little Black Dress | Little Red Wagon Magazine and Run For It Productions at Town Center at Cobb. Nationally, the event is sponsored by Woolite and Diet Coke.
Events continue throughout the weekend with live musical performances, a doctor’s panel, active events and a 5k walk/run on Sunday beginning at 7:30 a.m. at Mall of Georgia and 8 a.m. at Town Center at Cobb.
WHAT: Paint the Mall Pink
Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb invite Atlanta- area women to enjoy a free weekend of fun, fitness and togetherness to celebrate women’s health and wellness.
Mall of Georgia
(3333 Buford Drive, Buford, Ga. 30519 / 678.482.8788)
Shoppers can show their support by snapping a photo at Mall of Georgia’s Village Fountain – turned pink for the month of October – and posting to Mall of Georgia’s Facebook page.
- Thursday, October 4 (6-8 p.m.): Girl’s Night Out in Nordstrom Court includes health and beauty demonstrations, shopping, swag bags for the first 300 attendees and prizes. Attendees at the Mall of Georgia‘s event Thursday evening will also receive limited-edition garments and accessories, pre-washed in Woolite, from notable designer Dannijo. These limited-edition garments and accessories will be given away to the first 114 shoppers attending Girl’s Night Out while supplies last.
- Friday, October 5 (6-9 p.m.): Musical entertainment from Kona Music at The Village Amphitheatre and health and beauty-oriented activities hosted by Gwinnett Medical Center.
- Saturday, October 6 (12-6 p.m.): Zumba and
Crossfit PURE performances along with other health activities at The Village Amphitheatre from 12-4 p.m. and a musical performance from The Woody’s from 4-6 p.m. 5k race packet pick-up from 2-6 p.m. The first 100 participants to pick up their race packets will receive a special runner’s swag bag.
- Sunday, October 7 (7:30-10 a.m.): Great Gwinnett Road Run 5k & Fun Run, benefitting Georgia Breast Cancer Coalition Fund, and free, post-race breakfast
for all pre-registered participants immediately following the race at The Village Amphitheatre. Non-participants may attend the breakfast for the cost of $5.
Town Center at Cobb
(400 Barrett Pkwy, Kennesaw, Ga. 30144 / 770.424.0742)
- Thursday, October 4 (5:30-8:30 p.m.): WellStar “Spirit Girl’s’ Night Out” event including a “Be Dazzling” fashion show, health screenings and information booths. The first 300 guests will receive a “Be Dazzling” gift bag and 119 lucky attendees will receive limited edition clutches from Felix Ray.
- Friday, October 5 (12-8 p.m.): WellStar information and screening booths, and Healthy Happy Hour with Zumba demonstration.
- Friday, October 5 (7:00 p.m.): Madison Shea performance in Center Court.
- Saturday, October 6 (12-8 p.m.): WellStar information and screening booths, and 5k Race Packet pick up from 2-6 p.m. The first 100 participants to pick up their race packets will receive a special runner’s swag bag.
- Saturday, October 6 (7:00 p.m.): Katie Belle Akin performance in Center Court.
- Sunday, October 7 (8 a.m.): Paint the Mall Pink 5k/1k, benefiting CASA for Children, Inc., sponsored by Run For It! Productions. The event includes fun, family activities and a free post-race breakfast for participants. Non-participants may attend the breakfast for the cost of $5.
To sign up for the race, visit any participating Big Peach Running Store or sign up online.
COST: Paint the Mall Pink events are FREE for all participating women (excluding race participation fees and breakfast for non-race participants).