Not everyone can make it home for Thanksgiving. Thanks to a few local restaurants, people don't have to spend the day cooped in a quiet home.
Here's a running list of restaurants that plan to stay open on Thanksgiving as well as grocery stores that are hard at work whipping up traditional holiday fare for those who may not know their way around the kitchen.
If you're in Acworth or Kennesaw and you're not on the list, feel free to add the pertinent information in the comment box at the bottom of this story.
- Thanksgiving hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thanksgiving menu: Traditional Cajun feast, featuring Cajun deep fried turkey and other Thanksgiving favorites.
- Cost: $25.99 for adults; $19.99 for seniors; $9.99 for children 5 to 10 years old; free for children under 5 years old with an adult purchase.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- Thanksgiving hours: noon to 10 p.m.
- Thanksgiving menu: In addition to the regular menu, Ruth's will offer a starter, an entree, a side and dessert on Thanksgiving Day. Starters will include steak house salad, ceasar salad or your choice of Louisiana seafood gumbo. Entrees will include roasted turkey breast with homemade gravy, cornbread herb stuffing and cranberry relish. Diners can choose one of any side item, which will include garlic mashed potatoes, green beans with roasted garlic, creamed spinach and sweet potato casserole. Top all of that off with some pumpkin cheesecake.
- Cost: $35.95 for adults; $14.95 for children 12 and under.
- Reservations: Reservations are "incredibly, highly recommended. We are booking up pretty quick."
- Ted's Montana Grill
- Thanksgiving hours: noon to 7 p.m.
- Thanksgiving menu: Turkey, your choice of soup or salad, squash casserole, mashed potatoes and a mini nutty apple berry crisp.
- Cost: $25
- Reservations: Reservations are suggested but not required.
- Cracker Barrel
- Thanksgiving hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Thanksgiving menu: There is no special Thanksgiving menu, according to folks at the Busbee Drive location in Kennesaw.
- Reservations: Just go. Cracker Barrel doesn't take reservations.
- Kroger (There is one location in Kennesaw. In Acworth, there are three locations: Highway 92, Mars Hill Road and Cobb Parkway.)
- What the store is cooking: Turkey, ham, dressing, mashed potatoes and dinner rolls. Sides include cranberry celebration, broccoli, rice and cheese casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and more. Click here for details.
- Cost: $44.99 for the "Express Turkey Dinner" that serves six to eight people; $49.99 for the "Private Selection Spiral Sliced Hickory Smoked Ham Dinner" that serves six to eight people; $69.99 for the "Deluxe Turkey Dinner' that serves six to eight people; and $89.99 for the "Supreme Turkey Dinner" that serves eight to 10 people.
- Deadline to pick up meal: Varies depending on the store.
- Publix (There are five locations in Kennesaw: Baker Road, Bells Ferry Road, Cobb Parkway, Old 41 Highway and Wade Green Road. In Acworth, there are three: Baker Road, Cedarcrest Road and Mars Hill Road.)
- What the store is cooking: Turkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing, gravy and cranberry-orange relish. Click here for details.
- Cost: $39.99 for a meal that serves seven to 10 people; $79.99 for a a meal that serves 14 to 18 people.
- Deadline to pick up meal: Thanksgiving Eve. Publix will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.