1. Today is no day for a picnic. Expect heavy showers and thunderstorms with a high near 60. Between a quarter and half an inch of rain is possible. Tonight's low will be around 43, and the scattered showers and thunderstorms may keep on coming throughout the evening.
2. Experience KSU's New Musical Festival, Faculty Composers, tonight at 8 at Bailey Performance Center. Enjoy featured compositions from the faculties of Kennesaw State University, Georgia State University and Georgia Institute of Technology, including works from Frank Clark, Nickitas Demos, Jason Freeman, Jen Mitchell, Laurence Sherr and Gil Weinberg.
3. Or, if you'd like you to share your own musical compositions, grab your guitar and perform at for (Art, Music, Poetry) Wednesday, a free weekly open mic session from 8 until 11 p.m.
4. Congrats to the Lady Mustangs, who took 6th place at the .
5. Did You Know? On this day in history in 1867, United States Secretary of State William Seward purchased Alaska from Russia for $7.2 million or about 2 cents per acre.