1. It looks like the sun will only make fleeting appearances until the weekend rolls around. Today will be mostly cloudy with a high near 81 and a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Tonight's low will be near 65 with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms mainly before 2 a.m.
2. The Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre is hosting the 2011 Shuler Hensley Awards at 7:30 tonight to honor excellence in high school musical theater. Kennesaw's own is up for an award in the Orchestra or Accompaniment category for its production of "Disney's Beauty and the Beast." The school also earned honorable mentions in musical direction, as well as supporting actor for Grant Hoover's portrayal of Gaston.
3. Visit The Art Gallery in Sturgis Library as senior studio art majors exhibit their portfolios. Admission is free.
Regular gallery hours are Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Wednesday-Thursday 7-9 p.m. and Saturday 1-4 p.m. To schedule an appointment or group visit outside of regular gallery hours, call 770-499-3223. Check here for more information on experiencing art at KSU.
4. Be sure to check in at Patch for our live coverage of tonight's meeting at 7. Board members could vote on proposed furlough days for county employees. Look for more information and a PDF of tonight's full agenda.
5. Did You Know? On this day in history in 1989, the world's deadliest tornado struck Central Bangladesh, killing over 1,300 people and leaving 80,000 homeless. Two years later, in the United States, the Andover, Kansas tornado outbreak spawned 55 tornadoes in one day, killing 24 people and injuring hundreds. Yes, I know, lovely facts to know midst all the questionable weather we've been having...