Patch Picks highlights editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends, and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, kids party places, parks and more.
Want to suggest a list? Submit your idea in the comment box
Five Places to go on Mother’s Day
- in Kennesaw offers fresh sushi daily including many special rolls that are original to the restaurant. On Mother’s Day, Kuroshio will have half price bottles of wine and free Edamame for all mothers. The sushi bar’s menu also features traditional Japanese cuisine, steak and chicken. Kuroshio is located in the Cobb Place shopping center on Barrett Parkway and will be open Sunday from noon to 10 p.m.
- in Kennesaw, located at the McCollum Airport, will be having a special Mother’s Day Brunch from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The menu features homemade buttermilk pancakes, crème brule french toast, steak and eggs, skillets and more. At this unique restaurant, you can watch the planes take off and land while you dine. For a one-of-a-kind gift idea, take your mother on a bi-plane or helicopter ride after enjoying brunch. Elevation will also be serving dinner on Sunday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- is extending the restaurant’s Sunday Brunch hours for Mother’s Day. The brunch buffet will be available from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. At the buffet you can find breakfast and lunch items such as scrambled or Cajun eggs, Belgian waffles, cheese grits, a carving station, fried catfish, red beans and rice and more. Enjoy a tasty treat at Copelands by dipping an assortment of fruit and cake pieces in to the chocolate fountain. You can order off the regular menu all day long and the restaurant will be open Sunday until 10 p.m.
- in Acworth will open early at noon on Sunday and features a menu created just for Mother’s Day. Entrees include prime rib, lobster ravioli, frittata, fresh fish cooked in parchment and more. All special entrees come with sangria, sparkling wine or champagne. There is also a Mother’s Day dessert menu. The restaurant offers fine Italian dining and is beautifully decorated. The friendly staff will make sure you and your mother have an exceptional experience. Fusco’s Via Roma will be open Sunday until 9 p.m.
- in Acworth is opening early Sunday at 9 a.m. for a Mother’s Day Brunch. The menu features favorites such as the ultimate open-faced omelet, brunch quesadilla, cinnamon sugar doughnuts and build your own waffle. Brunch is available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and you can order off the full menu all day long. O’Charley’s closes Sunday at 10 p.m.