1. Rain, rain, go away. The National Weather Service says we'll have to deal with quite a bit of the wet stuff today. The high will be near 57. South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches are possible. Overnight the low will be 37.
2. Now that the turkey is gone, how about planning your Christmas activities? The will kick off the holiday season on Dec. 3, beginning with a parade downtown featuring local marching bands and musical ensembles, costumed characters, designer floats and Santa Claus.
New to the festivities this year will be a snow playground featuring over eight tons of real snow. The cost to play in the snow will be $2 per person.
The parade starts at 1 p.m. and will last about an hour. The parade route begins near the intersection of Park Drive and Main Street, and will proceed south and east down Main Street, marching past Cherokee Street toward Sardis Street. Additional attractions near the Depot until 6 p.m. include stage entertainment, puppet shows, a petting zoo, pony rides, live reindeer, inflatables, children’s games, and visits with Santa.
A Christmas tree lighting program will begin near the Depot at 5:30 p.m. Students from second grade chorus will sing carols. The Depot is located at 2828 Cherokee Street across the street from the For more information about the day's events, visit www.kennesaw-ga.gov/pkrec.
3. For the 34th year, the will help the less fortunate families in the Kennesaw and Acworth area through the Last year, with the support of local residents and businesses, the Police Department was able to help 81 families, including 213 children.
Donations of money, food, or new toys can be dropped off at the Kennesaw City Jail. Monetary donations can be submitted to the Kennesaw Police Department or mailed to Kennesaw Police Department, Attn: Officer Scott Luther, 2539 J.O. Stephenson Ave., Kennesaw GA. 30144. Please make checks payable to the Jerry Worthan Memorial Christmas Fund. The deadline for donations is Dece. 16.
4. Check back with Kennesaw Patch later today to read about a new restaurant in downtown Kennesaw that's bringing a taste of New Orleans to our town.
5. Fun Christmas fact: "It's a Wonderful Life" appears on TV more often than any other holiday movie.