1. Mother Nature is ringing in the holiday season with a possible dusting of snow. According to the National Weather Service, today will be cloudy with a high near 39. Snow—yes, snow—is likely. But don't head out to the neighborhood golf course with your makeshift sled just yet. Little or no snow accumulation is expected.
2. While the kids will probably be stuck making mud angels rather than snow angels today, you can surprise them this Saturday as the kicks off the holidays with a downtown celebration—complete with eight tons of snow. In addition to a snow playground, the city will host a 1 p.m. parade in the downtown area featuring local marching bands, costumed characters, designer floats and Santa Claus. Other planned activities include a petting zoo, pony rides, live reindeer, puppet shows, pictures with Santa and live entertainment.
3. Also on Saturday, the is celebrating A Civil War Christmas from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The afternoon will feature period music and dancing in the Cobb Energy Hall Gallery. The museum is also commemorating its 10th anniversary as a Smithsonian Affiliate with cake and punch.
4. After refreshments at the museum, head across the street to the Depot for a Christmas tree lighting program at 5:30 p.m. Students from second grade chorus will sing carols and spread holiday cheer.
5. In case you missed it, a new downtown business is bringing some spice to Kennesaw. Read yesterday's feature on