1) So much for the pretty weather. Showers and thunderstorms are likely today, mainly after 2 p.m. Some of the storms could be severe, according to the National Weather Service. It will still be warm, however, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. Tonight showers and thunderstorms are likely, mainly before 2 a.m. The low will be around 60 degrees.
2) Gas prices continue to rise. The cheapest gas in town is $3.62 at the , 645 Ernest W. Barrett Pkwy., near I-75 Exit 269. That’s 3 cents higher than Tuesday. And if you don’t belong to Costco, the cheapest gas is at , 2761 N. Cobb Pkwy. and Pine Mountain Court, for $3.63.
3) A Community Earth Day Celebration starts at 11 a.m. today and runs until 1:30 p.m. at Noonday Creek Trail. It’s sponsored by the Town Center Area Community Improvement District, meant to bring together the residents, employees, partner businesses and organizations in the Town Center area. The park is at 2015 Vaughn Rd. NW. (Parking is available at 2015 Vaughn Rd. Noonday Creek Trail is at the intersection of Roberts Boulevard and Vaughn Road.)
4) The Gospel Choir will perform at 8 p.m. in Performance Hall, Bailey Performance Center. Admission is free. Go here for more information.
5) And lastly, today is National Look Alike Day. Not sure what that means, but there you go.