1. According to the National Weather Service, today's high will be around 63 with occasional showers throughout the day. Tonight's low will be near 58.
2. The Kennesaw Business Association's monthly luncheon is today at the KSU Continuing Education Building, located at 3333 Busbee Dr. in Kennesaw. John Brock, CEO of Coca-Cola Enterprises, is today's guest speaker. Guests are encouraged to wear pink to bring attention to breast cancer awareness. Networking begins at 11 a.m. You can make reservations or find more information at www.kennesawbusiness.org.
3. The Nov. 8 Kennesaw general election is coming up, which means it's time to register to vote if you haven't done so already. The deadline for registration is today.
Pick up a voter registration form at government service centers, city halls, senior centers or libraries. You can also download the form on the Cobb elections website. Just make sure it's mailed in and postmarked by today. You can also pick up a form or register in person between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the Cobb Board of Elections main office, located at 736 Whitlock Ave., Suite 400, in Marietta.
For your convenience, we've also attached the form to this article as a PDF, along with a sample ballot. Check back in with Patch over the following weeks, as we'll have more detailed information on where and when to vote.
4. The is hosting a special lecture entitled today at 2 p.m. Mike Gerhard of the Medical Examiner's Office will be on hand to explain how crime scenes and corpses are investigated. Due to the graphic nature of the content, the program is for adults only. Registration is required. For more information, call 770-528-2529.
5. Did You Know? On this day in history in 1975, the NBC sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live debuted on NBC with George Carlin as the host. Its original title was NBC's Saturday Night.