Root House Museum and Garden Annual Plant Sale
- When: Friday, May 3, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, May 4,
- Where: Root House Museum and Garden, 145 Denmead St NE, Marietta, GA
- What: Cobb Landmarks' annual plant sale will be at The Root House Museum and Garden Friday and Saturday. Gardeners in search of inspiration and great values will find old-fashioned perennials, heirloom tomatoes and vegetables, "pass along" plants from the finest gardens in town, along with unusual varieties of plants from top nurseries.
Breaking the Shackles - Benefit Concert
- When: Friday, May 3, 6 p.m.
- Where: Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, 955 Johnson Ferry Rd, Marietta, GA
- Cost: $12
- What: Come out for a concert for youthSpark, "A Future. Not A Past" campaign, IJM, and Wellspring Living to fight against modern-day slavery (including human trafficking). Featuring music by The Museum, Unhindered, Capital Kings, and Brett Younker.
- When: Saturday, May 4, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: 2500 S Cobb Dr SE, Smyrna, GA
- What: The Smyrna Jonquil Lions Club will host their first Annual Car Show. The Juried event will also feature door prizes, raffles, food and fun for the family.
Mad Hatter Tea Party
- When: Sunday, May 5, 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Where: The Mable House Arts Center, 5239 Floyd Rd SW, Mableton, GA
- Cost: $40 for table of 4
- What: Come out for an afternoon tea with friends and family! The Mad Hatter, Alice & other beloved characters will make a special guest appearance.
Cinco Loco 5K Hosted by Friends of Price Park
- When: Sunday, May 5, 2 p.m.
- Where: 1727 Mars Hill Rd NW, Acworth, GA
- Cost: $25
- What: The Friends of Price Park invite runners and walkers of all ages to participate in the inaugural Cinco Loco 5K Race to benefit Leone Hall Price Park on Cinco de Mayo. The race will begin and end in the Brookstone Village Shopping Center at the corner of Mars Hill Road and Stilesoboro Road in Acworth.