Whether it's Black Friday or Small Business Saturday, Patch has picked out five local stores you can check out this holiday season.
1. at 3081 Old Highway 41 across from Swift-Cantrell Park has a variety of great Christmas gifts for your furry friends. And the latest addition on sale for Black Friday will be homemade dog coats in a variety of sizes and colors. Shop owner Charlotte Archuleta says "you can't find these anywhere else," and prices start at $15.99. Look for dog scarves coming soon! Stop by on Black Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and check out this locally-owned pet store.
2. at 2839 South Main Street has been in downtown Kennesaw for 26 years and offers a variety of antiques in the areas of home furnishings, porcelain and glass. The shop owner, an antiques dealer since the 1950s, specializes in the appraisal and acquisition of Depression-era glassware, Fenton Blue Ridge and Blue Willow dinnerware. Hours on Black Friday are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Do you have someone on your list who loves antiques?
3. at 4857 North Main Street in is one bookstore you can definitely get lost in. Relax and have a hot cup of Joe at the in-house internet coffee shop featuring roasted organic coffees and locally-made desserts. Check out the books, maps, prints, photos and cookbooks with an emphasis on local history, Civil War history, and military history. Hours on Friday are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
4. at 4827 South Main Street in downtown Acworth has "lots of gift stuff for under $25," says owner Danielle Hildebrand. They will be running specials on their locally-made bath and body products, candles, and, of course, gift cards for those on your list you want to pamper with a relaxing spa experience. It will be open Black Friday from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
5. Looking to replace or buy your kids some sports equipment for Christmas? Try shopping at Play It Again Sports in Kennesaw at 840 Barrett Parkway, a sporting goods store offering new and quality used sports and fitness equipment. Kids grow like weeds, so why not check out this store for new and used sports and exercise equipment—or trade in your own used sports equipment.