Two of Atlanta’s largest health systems, Piedmont Healthcare and WellStar Health System, announced the new management team of Piedmont WellStar HealthPlans, a separate organization the two systems partnered to create.
Piedmont WellStar HealthPlans soon will begin offering health insurance to businesses and individuals in the greater Atlanta area designed to "improve the quality of care and lower costs."
“We’re proud to have such a distinguished group of people who are passionate about making a difference in healthcare,” said Kennesaw resident Ronnie Brownsworth, M.D., CEO of Piedmont WellStar HealthPlans. “Our leaders were forward-thinking enough to realize that we could improve care faster by working together rather than competing in the marketplace.”
Members of the new leadership team for the health plans are:
· Ronnie Brownsworth, M.D., chief executive officer;
· Dan Styf, senior vice president of operations;
· D. Scott Foster, vice president of finance;
· Cory D. Scott, vice president of sales and marketing;
· James C. Sams, M.D., co-medical director;
· Kristyn Greifer, M.D., co-medical director; and
· Christine MacEwen, executive director of corporate business development.
The newly formed insurance provider will begin selling commercial group coverage Oct. 1 and will serve 35,000 employees and dependents of both health systems in the fall.
“We’re offering a new model of care delivery that creates clinical integration and reinforces our commitment to the communities we serve,” said Dr. Brownsworth. “It focuses on disease prevention and the management aspect of a population health model designed to help patients stay well.”
Together, Piedmont and WellStar have 2,393 hospital beds, ten hospitals and more than 2,000 affiliated physicians.