1. Ahhhh....the cool down is coming. The National Weather Service calls for temperatures only to be in the mid-80s today with sunny skies. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 63.
2. Start the week off right by voting for your favorite Kennesaw park. Visitors to www.LivePositively.com can vote for their favorite national, state or local park (including Kennesaw's and ). Whichever park has the most votes will receive a $100,000 grant, with second place receiving $50,000, and third place receiving $25,000. Grants can be used to restore, rebuild or enhance places within a park to play or be active. Voting officially ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, September 6. You can vote as many times as you'd like by finding and clicking on your favorite park on www.LivePositively.com. You can upload photos/video content up to 20 times per day.
3. The meets tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the council chambers at City Hall. Kennesaw Mayor Mark Mathews will also be conducting a Town Hall meeting Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. to listen to constituent concerns and answer questions about programs, policies, safety and services. The Mayor will be joined by the City Manager and his department heads. The meeting will be held at the For more information, call 770-424-8274 or visit www.kennesaw-ga.gov.
4. Check back later today to the Kennesaw Patch for our "Whiz Kid" column this week. It features a 2011 graduate of Kell High School and recent Eagle Scout.
5. Happy Back-to-school day! Thousands of Cobb kids are headed back into the classroom, so be careful on the streets and around school buses -- drive slowly and pay attention to pedestrians.