Update, 12:47 p.m. Friday
For an update, read Man Shot in Kennesaw Was Visiting.
Original report, 9:41 a.m. Friday
A man suspected in an early morning shooting surrendered to Cobb County authorities after a three-hour SWAT situation in a Kennesaw neighborhood.
Sgt. Dana Pierce, spokesman for the Cobb County Police Department, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that one person was shot about 2:30 a.m. at a home on Bozeman Lake Road.
Cobb County SWAT team members evacuated homes in the area and blocked several roads as negotiators tried to make contact with the suspect.
The shooting victim was taken to a local hospital. That person's condition is not known.
Police have not released the identities of the suspect or the shooting victim.
Stay with Kennesaw Patch for updates.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Shooting suspect surrenders as police surround Cobb home
- WSB-TV: Shooting suspect apprehended following SWAT situation
- Fox 5 Atlanta: 2 in custody following SWAT standoff in Cobb County
- 11Alive: Accused shooter surrenders after S.W.A.T. team surrounds home
- CBS Atlanta: S.W.A.T. situation in Kennesaw ends peacefully