- Make sure your vehicle is full of gas and all fluids are topped off.
- Ensure your tires are inflated to the recommended levels. Under inflated tires are at risking for blowing out, causing poor vehicle performance and can cause problems during emergency braking or steering.
- Make sure all cell phones are charged and that you notify your party when you are leaving and what route you will be taking.
- If traveling at night ensure you have a flashlight and that all vehicle lighting is working properly.
- Allow yourself extra travel time so that you are not rushed or in a hurry. Many other travelers will be sharing the road with you.
- Wear your seatbelt and ensure all passengers in the vehicle wear theirs too. Not using a seatbelt leads to more serious injuries and fatalities during vehicle crashes.
- DO NOT drink and drive. Make sure you have a designated driver or a place to stay if you plan on consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Dress for the weather. Even though you maybe inside your vehicle during your trip, unexpected vehicle problems could lead to exposure to the elements.
- Call 911 if you are stranded on the side of the road, especially at night when the temperatures drop below freezing.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something