The first in a series of town hall meetings intended for Cobb residents to hear directly from their district representatives will begin Monday.
Cobb County Commission Chairman Tim Lee will host the first one, which begins at 7 p.m. Feb. 11 at the Smyrna Community Center, 200 Village Green Circle.
Residents will have five more opportunities to get updates from their elected officials.
Here's the schedule for the remaining town halls:
- 7 p.m. Feb 12: District 4 Commissioner Lisa Cupid will host the second town hall at the Threadmill Complex, 5000 Austell-Powder Springs Rd., Austell.
- 7 p.m. Feb. 19: District 2 Commissioner Bob Ott will host the third town hall with Post 6 Board of Education member Scott Sweeney at Sope Creek Elementary, 3320 Paper Mill Rd., Marietta. East Cobb Patch has details.
- 7 p.m. Feb. 19: District 3 Commissioner JoAnn Birrell will host the fourth town hall in the Board of Commissioners Room, 100 Cherokee St., 2nd Floor, Marietta. Tax Commissioner Gail Downing will discuss the new tag and title laws that go into effect March 1.
- 7 p.m. Feb. 21: District 1 Commissioner Helen Goreham will host the fifth town hall at the West Cobb Senior Center, 4915 Dallas Hwy., Powder Springs. Downing will be at this meeting, too. Department of Transportation staff will join her and Goreham.
- 7 p.m. Feb. 28: District 4 Commissioner Lisa Cupid will host the final town hall at the South Cobb Community Center, 620 Lions Club Dr., Mableton.