The state's third largest university will learn today if it can start a football program.
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia will consider Kennesaw State University's request to field a football team.
The Committee on Finance and Business recommends that the board approve President Daniel S. Papp's request to increase the athletic fee from $152 to $252 per semester to launch a football program and Title IX women’s athletic programs, according to the meeting agenda.
That committee is scheduled to make its report at 4:05 p.m.
Fee requests generally are approved during the board's April meeting, but KSU is seeking early approval so it can begin a "national search for a head football coach and staff as soon as possible," according to the agenda.
The fee increase will be effective fall semester 2013.
- Jan. 4, 2013: Would You Attend a KSU Football Game?
- Jan. 3, 2013: Board to Consider Kennesaw's Request for Football Program
- Feb. 7, 2012: Kennesaw State Unveils Fight Song
- Sept. 15, 2011: Dooley Says KSU Football 3 Years Away
- June 24, 2011: KSU's Vaughn Williams Talks Community and Football
- Dec. 9, 2010:
- Dec. 6, 2010: