India Day will showcase two sides of India – a
vibrant fast-growing economy and a society faced with women’s issues, poverty
Panel discussions will include topics such as:
· What religion means and how it is practiced in the Indian context
· Legal and cultural issues related to companies interested in investing in India
· Student study abroad experiences in India
· Gender issues in the Indian subcontinent
· Alternative medicine practices such as homeopathy, Reiki and yoga for healing
· Human resources, legal and accounting issues related to outsourcing jobs and services to India from the United StatesThe daylong event will feature a diverse lineup of speakers, including business leaders, foreign policy experts, government officials and scholars.
The event is organized by Kennesaw State’s India China America Institute in the Michael J. Coles College of Business, in partnership with the Consulate of India in Atlanta, Kennesaw State’s Indian Faculty and Staff Association (IFSA) and the Institute for Global Initiatives (IGI).The event is free and open to the public.
The event will be held at the Student Center, University Rooms, on the Kennesaw State University campus, 1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw, Ga., 30144